Samsung has been at it again; every year we expect a better, more powerful version of their top of the range Galaxy devices. The Note 3 will soon be launched in Kenya, after the Note II was launched sometime last year. The Note III is now the world’s most powerful smartphone.
The Note Series are huge devices; phablets. So they are really niche products for people with a love for big
, showy devices.
If you enjoyed the Note II like I did, you might wonder what’s new with the Note III. Here is why you may want to upgrade:
- a full HD, 1080 x 1920 Super AMOLED display, which is the same as the Galaxy S4 (although the S4 has a smaller screen so pixel density is better on the S4). The Note II does not have a HD screen.
- The size of the display is also larger, the Note II has 5.5inch wide screen, the Note III screen is 5.7 inches in width
- A metal frame around the edges, making the design sleeker (just like the S4)
- The back cover finishing, although plastic, appears leather. The finish is textured to give it the appearance of leather and this actually provides some much needed grip. This is important when you are lying in bed and scrolling and this massive device rolls off your hands into your face, breaking your nose 😀
- More powerful, 13MP camera. The Note II camera has 8MP
- It’s a few grams lighter than the Note II. 183gm-168gm=? Do the math guys!
- Latest version of Android: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The Ice Cream Sandwich in Note II is like.. so last year *rolls eyes* Although it can be upgraded to 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2.3GHz quad-core processor, although a select few markets will be treated to an octa-core option which houses two quad-core chips. The Note II has a mere 1.6GHz quad-core processor. Never mind you won’t ever make full use of that power
- 32/64GB internal memory as opposed to the 16GB of Note II.
- Note III- 3GB RAM; Note II- 2GB RAM
- Etc etc
So of course if you want to have the latest, most powerful smartphone in the world, grab yourself a Note III. Not sure the exact cost it will sell for, but have $1,000 ready.