If you’ve been looking for a kids app that tells traditional folk stories in English, Kiswahili and other African languages, then Safari Tales is what you need. The application is free to download from Google Play.
The application has:
- Folk Tales
- Poems & Tongue twisters
- Songs- Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies
- Learn Kiswahili
- Have fun offline – upcoming Kiddie events
The features of the application include:
- All African Folklore in one application
- “Read to Me” — hear the narration as you read the story
- “Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
- “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages.
- Tap on a word to read its meaning from an in-built dictionary
- A full library of traditional African Folklore: ¸ Free first Bundle of books!
If you have young kids and they’re tired of playing fruit ninja, angry birds, temple run and whatever other games kids play on your android devices, download this app today and let me know your feedback. I will probably do another post when I have interacted with this app fully.
Here’s the link in case you missed it.