OLX has to validate ads to ensure no laws are being violated before allowing them to go live, that is why when you post an ad, you might be told to wait for sometime before the ad can appear on the website.
For legal reasons, below are some things you cannot sell online:
- Babies or any human beings or body parts or bodily fluids!
- Illegal/outlawed/banned drugs e.g. marijuana, cocaine, miraa (if in the UK!)
- Any content that violates copyright or trademark, especially if you do not own that copyright
- Any content that violates intellectual property (IP) of another, especially if you don’t own that IP e.g. pirated movies, music, patents
- Porn – this is a no no
- Information regarding other people without their consent
- Stolen items – don’t post stolen cars, phones, computers..
- Don’t advertise your pyramid schemes, chain marketing etc
- Illegal services such as soliciting are not allowed!
- No pictures of frontal nudity!
- No weapons
For cultural and personal reasons, please don’t put up for sale the following items on the site (not exhaustive):
- Used cosmetics and other used personal items such as combs, toothbrushes, underwear
- Tobacco products
- Alcoholic drinks etc
Check out olx for the full list of things not allowed for sale on the website.
So while everything sells on olx, remember, only within legal and cultural limits!