I couldn’t tell you the difference between goals and resolutions. I just know that as far back as I can remember, I have always made a list of the things I wanted or needed to do.
Here are my 2023 goals, but I don’t want o put pressure on myself to achieve them. They are just a roadmap to guide my daily activities. I want to enjoy the journey towards achieving them without necessarily worrying about if/when I will get there. Of course, I would like to live free and just go with the flow of life, but I would feel lost just drifting aimlessly through life. I need to feel like I have a modicum of control over how I live in my life. 2023 may or may not be a defining year for me and my little family, but I look forward to squeezing joy out of every big or small moment this year has to offer.
- Jogging: Do at least 25K monthly
- Bi-weekly blogposts (2 in a month)
- Publish my translation project that’s been in progress for 8 years!
- Read a book a month (sacrifice Netflix)
- Start on my book project: a chapter a month?
- Write two short stories or essays
- Career growth / change
- Happy, creative kids (less TV)
- Plan for financial independence
- Go to Kenya for a holiday
- Others: Japanese – study for the JLPT?
What are your goals for this year? Are you just content to live in the moment and go with the flow or do you have a destination in mind?